Haircuts in the 1930s were often short and focused on creating romantic waves or curls. Silver screen sirens like Bette Davis and Marlene Dietrich attracted audiences with their glamorous hairstyles during the Great Depression, when Hollywood films were at the forefront and provided moments of escape. Women’s hairstyles in the 1930s never failed to make a statement, whether they included pin-curled bobs, permed hair, or sophisticated soft waves.
From straight to curly, this post will cover the greatest fringe for short 1930s hairstyles. Having fringe can frame your face and draw attention to your eyes, making the most of your short hairstyle. The best fringe for you will depend on your face shape, hair type, and personal style, so keep those things in mind as you shop.
Section 1: The benefits and challenges of having bangs with short hair
There are a number of ways in which fringe can improve short hair.
- They are great for disguising a wide forehead or thinning hairline.
- They have the ability to round out a square or triangular face.
- It’s possible to use them to highlight your eyes or cheeks.
- They can give your hair more body and movement.
- They might give you a more carefree and youthful appearance.
However, there are certain disadvantages to having fringe if you have short hair.
- They might be difficult to maintain because they need frequent haircuts and shaping.
- They are prone to becoming oily and frizzy.
- They may cause discomfort to your eyes or skin.
- They may not go with other accessories or may limit your ability to mix and match.
- They may develop irregularly or awkwardly.
You can avoid these problems by carefully considering your face shape, hair type, and preferred style before settling on a set of fringe. Some general advice on how to style and care for fringe in short hair is as follows:
- Locate a competent hairstylist who can trim your fringe to your specifications.
- Get your hair styled using the proper equipment and materials for your hair type. If you want your fringe to be straight, use a flat iron; if you want them to be wavy or curly, use a curling iron; if they’re frizzy, use a smoothing serum; if they’re not going anywhere, apply hairspray.
- Maintain clean and fresh fringe by washing them frequently. Dry shampoo and blotting papers can also be used to remove excess oil and sweat.
To prevent split ends and damage, brush or comb your fringe lightly. To style your fringe and give them volume and form, you can use a blow dryer or a round brush.
Try out a few new bang styles, such as wearing them swept to one side, pinned back, braided, etc.
Section 2: The straight bangs for short 1930s hairstyles
One of the most timeless and adaptable fringe for short 1930s hairstyles are straight fringe. They add a touch of class to any ensemble and are appropriate for formal as well as casual events. As long as they are the proper length and width, they complement a wide variety of face shapes and hair textures.
- Many famous people, including Tyra Banks (2), Zendaya (1), Lily Collins (1), etc., have successfully pulled off short hair with straight fringe. They have demonstrated to us the appropriate way to combine straight fringe with short hairdos like bobs, pixies, lobs, etc.
- If you have short hair and want straight fringe, the following are the finest products and tools to use:
- Straightening your fringe with a flat iron is a must if you want them to seem sleek and polished. It can also be used to soften the sharpness of your fringe by bending them slightly.
- Use a smoothing serum to tame your fringe’ frizz and flyaways while also adding moisture and lustre. Apply it to the ends of your fringe, whether your hair is wet or dry.
You can keep your fringe from flopping around or adhering to your forehead with the help of some hairspray. You can lightly spritz it on your fringe after you’ve styled them, or use it to restyle them throughout the day.
Section 3: The wavy bangs for short 1930s hairstyles
- Short 1930s hairstyles frequently featured wavy fringe. They give your hair some texture and flow while also giving you a cute, flirty appeal. As long as they are the proper length and width, they complement a wide variety of face shapes and hair textures.
- Taylor Swift, Emma Stone, Jennifer Lawrence, etc. are just a few examples of celebs and influencers who have successfully pulled off short hair with wavy fringe. They have shown us how to style wavy fringe with bobs, pixies, lobs and other short haircuts.
If you have short hair and want wavy fringe, the following are the finest products and tools to use:
- The fringe will look fuller and more buoyant if you use a curling iron to give them waves or curls. If you want tighter waves or curls, go with a smaller barrel size; for looser styles, go with a medium barrel size.
- A wave spray can be used to amplify your hair’s natural wave, provide hold and shape to your fringe and more. It can be sprayed on either wet or dry hair, and then the fringe can be scrunched or twisted with your fingers.
You can make your fringe appear thicker and fuller by using a mousse to give your hair some volume and lift. Apply it to your roots and fringe while your hair is moist.
Section 4: The curly bangs for short 1930s hairstyles
When it comes to short 1930s hairstyles, curly fringe are by far the most entertaining and flirtatious option. They help you achieve a look that is both unique and expressive. As long as they are the proper length and width, they complement a wide variety of face shapes and hair textures.
Rihanna, Halle Berry, Lupita Nyong’o, etc. are just a few examples of famous people who have successfully pulled off short hair and curly fringe. They’ve shown us how to pull off the look of curly fringe with bobs, pixies, lobs and other short haircuts.
For short hair, the finest methods and products to create curly fringe are:
To prevent your hair from drying flat or frizzy while maintaining its natural curl pattern, a diffuser is a must-have. You can use it with a blow dryer, cupping your hair gently at low heat and speed settings.
- Use a curl cream to define your curls, add moisture to them, and keep them from drying out and becoming brittle. It may be used on either wet or dry hair; simply apply it to your curls and smooth it out with your fingers or a wide-tooth comb.
- A gel can be used to tame unruly curls, shape and define your fringe and add gloss and hold. Scrunching or twisting your fringe with your fingers, you may apply it to either wet or dry hair.
Whether you wear your hair straight or curly, short 1930s hairstyles look wonderful with fringe. They can do wonders for your hair, from framing your face to bringing out your features. You should use the correct products and tools to style and maintain your fringe, and you should select the best fringe for your face shape, hair type, and personal style.
Do you like these short 1930s hairstyles with fringe? What’s your favourite celebrity hairstyle, and do they have fringe? What do you think? Tell us in the comments!